CrossFit Level 1 | USAW | Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach
I CrossFit Because
I got started in CrossFit as an athlete through high school wrestling and continued to use it as off-season training tool as a college football player and track and field athlete. I thought I would always coach within the traditional sports realm but when I was coaching with the Olympic Committee in Beijing I had a major epiphany…I’m extremely passionate about helping people maximize their lives through physical, nutritional, and mental performance and yet I’m only working with the people who need that extra 1% to win an Olympic medal when I could be working with people that need the other 99% to win a spot back into the life they deserve. I love working with that final 1% and I also love working with that other 99% and CrossFit gives me a great platform to work with the full 100%.
I CrossFit Because
The body is capable of handling an incredible amount of stress and adapting to any scenario we expose ourselves to. By expressing and testing my fitness in so many different domains and situations it allows me to be confident and prepared for whatever life throws at me for good and or bad. CrossFit allows others and myself to be able to say more of, “yes” instead of, “I can’t” to more of those phone calls from friends and family who want to go on that big hiking trip, do that first competition together or just moving something heavy off the deck. CrossFit opens opportunities for me to help myself and those around me.
I Coach Because
I tend to see value in people even when they don’t see it in themselves. People may forget the little jokes you crack, some of the things you say, but they never forget how you made them feel and coaching is my vehicle for getting people to feel a new sense of value and confidence within themselves on a physical, mental and spiritual level.